This is a safety inspection report to re-establish an expired or cancelled NSW registration, or to enable you to establish registration for vehicles previously registered interstate. This proves your vehicle is roadworthy, and it also makes sure the car meets design and identity standards. When seeking a blue slip, you will be required to present the following documents to the inspection station at that time:
1.Proof of a NSW residency address for you. This could be:
- Current drivers licence
- Current rental contract showing your name and current address
- Current utilities bill, eg, electricity, gas, etc, showing your name and current address
2.Proof of ownership of the vehicle.
a)For vehicles previously registered in NSW or interstate in your name, your old rego papers will be satisfactory
b)For a vehicle you have recently purchased (in NSW or interstate), the old rego papers in sellers name if possible and a Notice of Disposal completed and signed by the seller; or receipt from the seller showing the vehicle’s details (model, year, VIN / Eng no, etc), your name, address and sale date.
If a) or b) are not available, then you must complete a Statutory Declaration that shows:
- your name and current address, plus
- all of the vehicle’s details (model, year, VIN / Eng no, etc),
- the statement that you legally own the vehicle
3. Additionally, for trailers you will also need proof of the TARE weight – this will generally be recorded on the old NSW rego papers, and will usually be stamped on the compliance plate too. For interstate trailers, the trailer will need to be weighed at a weigh bridge, and the docket showing this information must also be provided at inspection. All of these items will be photocopied and the originals returned to you. Blue slips take about 1 hour to do and must be booked in advance. As part of the blue slip inspection, we need to examine the engine number that is stamped on the engine itself. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure the engine number is visible and able to be easily read at the time of the inspection, otherwise an extra cost may be incurred for time taken by the inspector to locate and clean the area. Call Medowie Car Care today on 02 4982 9172 to arrange your vehicle inspection. Rego Checks – pinks slips, blue slips.